by Brian Tissot
Here’s a list of references that are useful for various aspects of climate change included in my presentation.
Science of Climate Change
Good overall source of information:
Skeptical Science (debunks myths about climate change):
Climate Central: general source of current climate news and science
University Washington Climate Center: PNW and west coast data on-line
Effects on Marine Ecosystems
Climate Scoreboard: progress on climate change (or not!)
- Lafferty, K. D. & M. D. Behrens. 2005. Temporal variation in the state of rocky reefs: does fishing increase the vulnerability of kelp forests to disturbance? In: Garcelon DK, Schwemm CA (eds) Sixth California Islands Symposium. Institute for Wildlife Studies, Ventura, CA, p 511-520.
Changing shoreline composition:
- Graham, M. H., P. K. Dayton. And M. Erlandson. 2003. Ice ages and ecological transitions on temperate coasts. Trends in Ecology & Evolution, 18 (1), 33-40.
Long-term climate changes in the ocean:
- Norris, R. D., S. Kirtland, P.M. Hull and A. Ridgwell. 2013. Marine ecosystem Responses to Cenozoic Global Change. Science 341 (6145): 492-498.
Roemmich, D. and J. McGowan. 1995. Climatic warming and the decline of zooplankton in the California Current. Science. 1995 Mar 3;267(5202):1324-6.
Coral Reef Watch: alerts on global coral bleaching events
Effects of ocean acidification on rockfish:
- HamiltonCheryl A. Logan, Hamilton W. Fennie, Susan M. Sogard, James P. Barry, April D. Makukhov, Lauren R. Tobosa, Kirsten Boyer, Christopher F. Lovera, Giacomo Bernardi. 2017. Species-Specific Responses of Juvenile Rockfish to Elevated pCO2: From Behavior to Genomics. PLOS One https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0169670
Politics and Policy
Union of Concerned Scientists:
- William R. L. Anderegga,, James W. Prallb, Jacob Haroldc, and Stephen H. Schneidera. 2009. Expert credibility in climate change. www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.1003187107
- Boykoff, M. T. and J. M. Boykoff. 2004. Balance as bias: global warming and the US prestige press. Global Cikate Change 14(2004): 125-136.
California Climate Strategy: